Five edits you need to make on your LinkedIn profile
Note: This blog post is re-blogged from it’s original location (oreablog.com).
Login to your LinkedIn profile, click on profile and let’s get started. The following five edits will optimize your profile and help you show up in search.
1. CREATE A UNIQUE LINKEDIN URL.
2. CUSTOMIZE YOUR WEBSITE URL TO INCLUDE YOUR NAME OR KEYWORDS.
Click ‘edit’ beside your websites and choose the category ‘other’. Then, enter what you want to hyperlink and the URL it will go to. It helps to use your name or industry keywords. Again, this will help you appear higher in search (SEO tips).
3. EDIT YOUR DESCRIPTION/TITLE.
By default, LinkedIn chooses your current job title. However, to be found better in LinkedIn’s search, edit this field to include your title as well as keywords describing what you do.
4. LIST YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERTISE.
5. ADD APPLICATIONS LIKE SLIDESHARE PRESENTATIONS OR BLOG POSTS.
Did you find this post useful? If so, share it and let me know what you think in the comments below!