Crafted to inspire, built to share…
It’s all about CONNECTION.
- I’m fuelled by curiosity, passion and pushing limits;
- driven by competitiveness and a need for continuous momentum;
- fulfilled by connection, contribution and making things happen.
- I’m the Head of Digital at the Canadian Olympic Committee and am responsible for the digital fan experience.
- My team and I saw exponential growth and engagement within all Team Canada channels during Sochi 2014, Toronto 2015 (Pan Ams), Rio 2016 and PyeongChang 2018.
- We won many awards for our responsive site (olympic.ca), and Sochi brand campaign centred around the official hashtag #WeAreWinter, which was the most used hashtag globally after #Sochi2014.
- On the road to Rio, I lead the creation of the Canadian Olympic Club (olympicclub.ca), a next-generation fan club – driven by social login and gamification. It was the first of its kind for any National Olympic Team and industry leading by any pro sports standard.
- During PyeongChang 2018, @teamcanada had the most interactions globally out of any National Olympic Committee.
- I have over a decade of digital experience. See my portfolio for examples of my work.
- I continue to lead the Canadian Olympic Team digital fan experience through social and digital content (including branded content), products (web, email, app), business intelligence (data & analytics), and social platform partnerships. Previously I did this for BMO, OREA and lululemon athletica. LinkedIn will tell you the full story.
- I pocketed my degree from the University of Toronto specializing in Visual Culture and Communications through the Communication, Culture and Information Technology program.
- With my eye on the prize I also grabbed a diploma in Digital Communications from Sheridan College.
Why work in Sport?
My passion for sport runs deep. Before my world revolved around connection, I was primarily a figure skater. I had the privilege of being on Canada’s National Team for eight years. In that time I became a four-time national champion and world bronze medallist in Synchronized Skating. Yes, I have a medal that says I’m third in the world at something yet my competitiveness still dreams (wishes?) it was gold. These days, I play rec softball and spend my summers at the ballpark as an uber-passionate Blue Jays fan. Beer and cracker-jacks, anyone?
You can’t be all work and no play…
A few things that you might not (need to) know about me:
- Sleeping is my favourite pastime. When I get lots of it, I flash my pearly whites all the time. Who am I kidding, I suppose I smile a lot either way.
- I sporadically belt out tunes at the least opportunistic times. Yes, it happened in a boardroom once. No, I can’t sing well.
- I’m the paparazzi of my friend group making instagram my favourite channel.
- No, the type of music I listen to is not all “my dog died, I got divorced and slammed by finger in the truck door,” but yes, I enjoy country.
- I’m working on becoming a citizen of the world but for now, I’m Canadian and American. I was born in Canada but my ‘rents hail from Greece and the good ‘ol USA.
- Travelling tugs at my heart strings. My first love was Prague, then Venice, then Iceland and so-on-and-so-forth.
- I love life, coffee and am a huge fan of colour (we spell it with a ‘u’ in Canada).